Select spaces at 640 Massachusetts Avenue NW are available for use by Georgetown University offices and departments as well as external organizations. All space requests are reviewed on an individual basis and the School of Continuing Studies and Georgetown University reserve the right to determine if an event is appropriate to the mission of the university. Information about space use, policies and procedures in available below.
To inquire about the use of space at 640 Mass Ave, please email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Organization/department name
- Event overview (i.e. event topic, number of attendees, etc.)
- Proposed event date(s)
- Type of space and capacity
- Catering and A/V needs (for informational purposes; all coordination on catering and A/V must be handled by user)
There are a variety of spaces at 640 Mass Ave that may be available for your use:
- SCS Auditorium (Capacity: 125)
- Classrooms (Capacity: 15-70)
- Conference Rooms (Capacity: 6-20)
- Mac Computer Lab (Capacity: 24)
- Open Event Space (Capacity: please inquire)
Equipment and Audio/Visual Support
All classrooms and most conference rooms and other spaces at 640 Mass Ave come equipped with standard audio/visual equipment (i.e. computer, projector, speakers, etc.). SCS's approved A/V vendor is specified here for any additional A/V equipment needs you may have.
SCS has numerous approved vendors that can be used for catering. Space requesters will be responsible for contacting, coordinating, and paying for all catering. A list of approved vendors that can be used for catering can be found here.
Rental rates for the different spaces available at 640 Massachusetts Ave NW can be found here. Please note that these rates are subject to change.
Space Use Policies
Space use policies can be found in the Space Use and License Agreement. Please note that these policies are subject to change.