It takes a strong concept, high quality marketing and many other elements to build a successful franchise company. A franchise business has many unique and diverse needs that must be effectively addressed through a dedicated management system. This course will evaluate the various approaches used by a broad spectrum of franchise companies to identify, evaluate and even challenge traditional thinking. This session will cover the following key related areas:
Note: Speakers subject to change based on availability.
- Franchise Relations: Jan Gilbert, Attorney, Gray Plant Mooty
- Franchise Systems & Support: Pete Cain, National Maintenance Contractors
- Dispute Resolution: Chuck Kincade, Delta Resolutions
- Operations Excellence: David Worthen, Attorney, Gray Plant Mooty
- Site Selection & Territory Planning: Dr. R. Sukumar, CEO, Optimal Strategix
- Strategic Growth Planning: Andrew Sherman, Partner, Jones Day, LLP
At the completion of the course, a successful student will be able to:
- Discuss best practices in franchising management
- Assess common franchise systems, support and monitoring
- Develop new approaches to managing an existing or new franchise
Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) Credits
Students who complete this course will receive 450 CFE credits towards achievement of the Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) designation awarded by the International Franchise Association (IFA). To complete the education requirement for the CFE designation, candidates must earn a total of 2500 CFE credits, of which a minimum of 1300 CFE credits must be earned in class.
This course is an open enrollment course. No application is required and registration is available by clicking "Add to Cart" below.
Current students must register with their Georgetown NetID and password. New students must first create an account and password through the Student Portal prior to registration. After your account is created, you will receive your Georgetown NetID via email. When you have your Georgetown NetID and password, continue registration by clicking "Add to Cart", logging in, and following the steps to complete checkout. Course registration is complete when payment is processed and you receive a confirmation email.
Georgetown NetID Password Reset
If you have forgotten or do not have your Georgetown University NetID password, please contact the University Information Systems (UIS) 24/7 IT Helpdesk to have your password reset.
For more information or to speak with a program advisor, please complete the Request More Information Form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (202) 687-8700.