Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources Management
Mission and Learning Goals
The Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources Management program unites the proud academic traditions and values of Georgetown University with the best professional minds in the human resources field. Our curriculum focuses on optimizing human resources theories and practices, as well as innovation, corporate social responsibility, technology and globalization.
Students participating in the program gain an advanced understanding of the challenges and opportunities related to human capital management while developing expertise in concentrations including International Human Resources Management, Diversity and Inclusion Management and Strategic Human Capital Management.
Students who complete the Master's in Human Resources Management program will:
- Explore the core values endemic to the professional world with a particular focus on the connections between applied ethics and human resources and diversity.
- Understand the foundations of strategic human resource management, workforce planning and employment, and employee engagement.
- Define and understand data and information requirements, data normalization, entity relationships, statistical and time-series data analysis, and predication and decision-making strategies.
- Develop planning and management strategies based upon environmental analysis, assessment of organizational competencies and weaknesses, and analysis of competitors.
- Complete an original capstone project that entails substantial research and writing on an HR topic relevant to a student’s chosen concentration. Students can leverage capstone projects in their professional career pursuits.
“The Human Resources Management program at Georgetown University offers several concentrations of study so you can gear your education to meet your specific interests.”
- Chris Ortiz (’11)