Mission and Learning Goals
The Georgetown University Master’s in Real Estate program inspires, challenges, and prepares emerging real estate leaders to develop, construct, and invest in innovative, sustainable, and successful projects in local and global markets. A faculty of experienced industry practitioners delivers a comprehensive curriculum with specialized focus areas in development, finance, and construction.
The Georgetown MPS in Real Estate places more emphasis upon the financial, international, public sector, infrastructure, and entrepreneurial aspects of real estate than most other graduate real estate programs. The program:
• Offers a wide variety of courses that are relatively specific and mirror modern-day practices in today’s real estate industry.
• Focuses on real estate investment management as well as transactions.
• Emphasizes private sector real estate but also places substantial emphasis upon public sector real estate, which constitutes 20% of all real estate and merits serious educational treatment.
• Integrates real estate development and finance, bridging the gap between direct experience with real estate assets and financing real estate.
• Incorporates construction into the overall curriculum, stressing that real estate professionals must thoroughly understand construction, and that construction professionals must thoroughly understand general real estate practice.