How to Apply
- Browse our course catalog and select the courses you're interested in. Be sure to write down the course names and numbers, which you will need to list on the application.
- Apply online using our online application system. (If you have an scsConnection account, you can sign in to begin or resume your application by using the email address and password associated with it.)
- Mail any additional application materials to our admissions department. Please note that the submission of official materials (transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS scores, or WES/ECE transcript evaluations) via e-mail will not be accepted. International applicants should carefully review the International Students page for information regarding admissions requirements.
School of Continuing Studies
Office of Admissions
Attn: Summer Sessions
640 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001
- If you are admitted, you will receive an acceptance email and directions for obtaining your NetID and password. You will receive a separate email with instructions on how to register for classes online through MyAccess. See Registration Process for more information.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and the last day applications are reviewed is the Friday before the start of each summer session.
If you are a current Georgetown University student and will still be in active degree-seeking status during the summer term, you do not need to apply to Georgetown Summer Sessions. Simply register for your summer courses in MyAccess. Please see the Registration Process page for more information.
If you are a current Georgetown University student expecting to graduate this spring, you do not need to apply to Georgetown Summer Sessions. You may register for your summer courses in MyAccess. The courses you take at Georgetown Summer Sessions after your degree posts to your student record will be part of your non-degree student record at the School of Continuing Studies.
If you are a newly admitted student who will begin a degree program at Georgetown in the fall, you do not need to apply to Georgetown Summer Sessions. Please complete the New Incoming First Year and Transfer Students Summer Sessions Request Form. Instructions on how to fill out the form can be found here. Email your completed form to the Summer Sessions directly. Your dean or advisor will contact you if there are any questions or issues with your course requests. If there are no questions or issues about your request, you will receive a confirmation from the Summer Sessions with your course schedule and other important information about your summer at Georgetown experience.
If you have any questions about the course request form or Summer Sessions in general, please email the Summer Sessions or call at (202) 784-7356.
CONSORTIUM UNIVERSITY STUDENTS – Follow these steps to apply:
- Please see the Consortium Coordinator at your home institution to find out if you should apply for Georgetown Summer Sessions as a visiting student or as a consortium student.
- If your Consortium Coordinator approves your application as a visiting student, apply online AND mail your most recent official transcript to the Summer Sessions.
- If you are admitted as a visiting student, you will receive an acceptance email with direction for obtaining your university netID and password. You will receive a separate email with instructions on how to register for classes online through MyAccess. Please see the Registration Process page for more information.
- If your Consortium Coordinator denies your request to apply as a visiting student, you should apply as a consortium student by completing the necessary registration paperwork provided to you by your Consortium Coordinator. Please note that your registration will be processed once all Georgetown degree and non-degree seeking students have had the opportunity to register for classes in a given session. Please see the Registration Process page for more details on registering as a consortium student.
Summer Sessions courses are open to the following individuals:
- Newly admitted or continuing undergraduate and graduate students in good standing at Georgetown.
- Undergraduate and graduate students in good standing at other colleges and universities, with submission of application and official transcript(s). Good standing is defined as having a 2.00 minimum GPA ("C" average) at the undergraduate level or a 3.00 GPA ("B" average) at the graduate level.
- High school students, recommended by their principals or guidance counselors, who will have completed at least their freshman year with a "B" average or better at the time of enrollment, and whose high school program applications are approved by the Associate Dean of the Summer Sessions.
- International students who can provide evidence of a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test), 225 (computer-based test), 90 (iBT), or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0. English can only be considered the native language if it is the only official language of the applicant's home country and the primary language spoken in the applicant's home. Students should plan well in advance to complete the tests and allow time for the Admissions Office (institution code 5986) to receive the results. Official WES (wes.org) or ECE (ece.org) evaluations of all transcripts from outside the United States are required. TOEFL scores are required of all applicants for whose native language is not English (regardless of citizenship). International applicants must also complete an International Student Questionnaire upon admission. Please see the International Students section for detailed information.
- Individuals whose educational background and experience qualify them for the courses they wish to take, with submission of application and official transcript(s).
Please note: Any student who has been suspended or dismissed from, and not formally readmitted to, any school within Georgetown may not register without the written permission of his/her former Dean.
Please note: Acceptance to Georgetown Summer Sessions does not constitute or imply acceptance as a degree candidate in any school or division of Georgetown University.
See Registration Process for more information on late registration.
See Tuition and Fees for more information on scholarships, policies, refunds, and loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
See FAQs for answers to the most common questions.
- Pre-Session May 22 to June 16, 2017
- 1st 6-week Session May 22 to June 30, 2017
- Session I June 5 to July 7, 2017
- Cross Session (online) June 5 to July 28, 2017
- 2nd 6-week Session July 3 to August 11, 2017
- Session II July 10 to August 11, 2017
- Full Session May 22 to August 11, 2017
I am ready to apply
I am a visiting student and am ready to apply.
- Current Student or
Already Accepted? Or see the next steps for registration >