Tuition and Fees
Please Note: The tuition and fees listed below are not applicable for School of Continuing Studies (SCS) students enrolled in SCS courses. Click here for SCS tuition rates.
Tuition information for Summer 2015*
|Summer School Undergraduate course level 001-349 (per credit)||
Summer School Graduate course level 350-999 (per credit)
*subject to change.
Fees for Summer 2015*
One-time Transcript Fee for Summer School students
Returned Check Fee (Student Accounts Office)
|Late Registration Fee||$100.00|
Language Lab Fee
Fine Arts Fee
Science Laboratory Fee (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Psychology)
*Subject to change.
TUITION POLICIES, TUITION REFUNDS, TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS, AND LOANS
See Synopsis of Important Dates for payment deadlines for each session.
- All tuition and fees are due before the start of classes.
- Students' accounts are subject to assessment of a monthly service charge of 1.75% of the outstanding balance, if not paid in full by the payment due date.
- A Late Registration Fee will be assessed to anyone who initiates registration on or after the first day of classes in a given session.
- Any student who registers for a class via MyAccess, Add-Drop form, or other special permission, and stops attending or never attends class without making arrangements to drop the course or withdraw from the course will still be responsible for the course’s tuition and fees. Any student who needs help changing his or her registration should contact the Summer School office immediately. Please see the tuition refund schedule for the percentage refund owed on and after specific dates in each session.
- Tuition may be paid in cash, by check, authorization, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or online through the Office of Billing and Payment Services.
- Students will not be assessed any tuition and fees until April 1st. After April 1st, students will be assessed tuition and fees twenty-four hours after they have registered. You can view your Summer School bill and account activity online through Student Account Services (accessible via MyAccess). New billing statements will be generated and posted online every two weeks for any account not paid in full. Notifications of new billing statements are sent to your Georgetown email address as well as any email address you authorize via Student Account Services. Please note that paper bills are no longer mailed to students.
- Students whose Summer School bills are being paid in whole or in part by a non-Georgetown University scholarship must submit the scholarship award notice directly to the Office of Billing and Payment Services as payment with their bill. (Procedures are subject to change.) Tuition is determined by the academic level of the course and not by the academic level of the student.
- UNDERGRADUATE TUITION RATE: Courses that are level 001-349.
- GRADUATE TUITION RATE: Courses that are level 350 and above regardless of the student's level at Georgetown.
- Auditors pay full tuition per credit.
- A student who leaves Georgetown, for any reason, with an outstanding balance should immediately contact the Office of Billing and Payment Services to arrange for payment of the balance. Failure to contact this office will necessitate the forwarding of the account to a credit bureau and a collection agency. In this event, the former student will be responsible for payment of any fees or expenses incurred by Georgetown in the collection of the outstanding balance.
- Tuition is 100% refundable only when the student drops a course during the designated add/drop period in each session. After that period, students will receive a percentage refund of the tuition only, depending on when the student's dean signs the Add/Drop form. Any fees associated with a course will not be refunded after the designated Add/drop period.
- Any refund will be computed according to the schedule below.*
|Refund Schedule||Pre-Session||1st 6-Week Session||First Session||Cross Session||2nd 6-Week Session||Second Session||Full Session|
|Last day to receive 100%||5/20/2015||5/22/2015||6/3/2015||6/8/2015||7/6/2015||7/8/2015||5/27/2015|
|Last day to receive 80%||5/22/2015||5/27/2015||6/8/2015||6/12/2015||7/9/2015||7/13/2015||6/5/2015|
|Last day to receive 70%||5/27/2015||6/2/2015||6/12/2015||6/22/2015||7/15/2015||7/17/2015||6/18/2015|
|Last day to receive 50%||5/29/2015||6/8/2015||6/17/2015||6/29/2015||7/21/2015||7/22/2015||6/30/2015|
|Last day to receive 40%||6/3/2015||6/12/2015||6/22/2015||7/6/2015||7/24/2015||7/27/2015||7/22/2015|
|No refunds after||6/3/2015||6/12/2015||6/22/2015||7/6/2015||7/24/2015||7/27/2015||7/22/2015|
*This schedule does not apply to Study Abroad Programs, and these dates are subject to change.
- Tuition and fees for tutorial courses are not refundable. Laboratory fees are refundable only within the designated Add/drop period in each session.
- Georgetown students participating in the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area during the summer will receive refunds of tuition under the same policy and according to the same scale as above.
- Students seeking information about scholarships and other financial assistance for summer study should visit Office of Student Financial Services.
- Applications will soon be available. Early submission is strongly recommended since financial aid funds are limited.
- Students can apply for limited scholarship assistance directly from the Georgetown Summer School.
- Partial tuition scholarships are available in limited numbers and do not provide for fees, travel, room and board, or study abroad.
- Interested students can download the Partial Tuition Scholarship Application or request one from the Summer School Scholarship Committee, Georgetown University, 3307 M Street NW, Suite 202, Washington, DC 20007, (202) 687-8700.*
- Scholarship announcements will be e-mailed on a rolling basis.
- All scholarships are offered contingent upon enrollment in selected courses. If a student drops or withdraws from a selected course, all scholarship funds will be rescinded and removed from the student's account.
*Consortium students are not eligible to apply.
- Students who enroll at least half-time in the Summer School and who have not already borrowed the maximum loan amounts during the preceding academic year may be eligible to borrow more to meet Summer School costs.
- Georgetown degree candidates can apply for loans through the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Students must apply for loans through their home institutions; Georgetown will work with the home institution to certify enrollment and need for assistance for the summer term.
- Please consult with the Office of Student Financial Services for guidance about eligibility for loan programs for summer study.