New Incoming Students
If you are a newly admitted student who will begin a degree program at Georgetown in the fall, you do not need to apply to the Georgetown Summer Sessions. Please follow the instructions below to submit your request to take a summer course.
If there are no questions or issues about your request, you will receive a confirmation from Georgetown Summer Sessions with your course schedule and other important information about your summer at Georgetown experience. If you have any questions about the course request form or Summer Sessions in general, please email Georgetown Summer Sessions (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call at (202) 687-3687.
New Incoming Georgetown University First Year and Transfer Students
Quick Steps for Registering:
- Complete the New Incoming First Year and Transfer Students Summer Sessions Request Form on the How to Apply page.
- Monitor the email address that you have listed on the course request form for communication from your dean or advisor and from Georgetown Summer Sessions. If there are any questions about your request, you will be contacted via email.
- Once you are registered, you will receive an email confirmation with your course schedule and other important information from Georgetown Summer Sessions.
- You will be able to make changes to your schedule through the end of the add/drop period by completing an Add/Drop form obtained from your dean’s office and signed by your dean. Please see the Synopsis of Important Dates for the add/drop deadlines in each session.
- You may withdraw from a course after the add/drop period ends; however, you will receive a “W” for the withdrawal on your official transcript. Please note: after the add/drop period ends, you are no longer eligible for a 100% tuition refund if you withdraw from a course. Please see the Tuition and Fees page for more information. To withdraw from a course, you must complete an add/drop form obtained from your dean’s office and signed by your dean. Please see the Synopsis of Important Dates for more information about important registration deadlines.
- A Late Registration fee will be assessed to anyone who initiates registration on or after the first day of class in a given session.
- Students registering after the tuition payment deadlines may be subject to additional fees.
See Synopsis of Important Dates for an overview of registration deadlines.
- Pre-Session May 22 to June 16, 2017
- Grad 6-week Session 1 May 22 to June 30, 2017
- Session I June 5 to July 7, 2017
- Cross Session (online) June 5 to July 28, 2017
- Grad 6-week Session 2 July 3 to August 11, 2017
- Session II July 10 to August 11, 2017
- Full Session May 22 to August 11, 2017
I am ready to apply
I am a visiting student and am ready to apply.
- Current Student or
Already Accepted? Or see the next steps for registration >