2014 Annual Graduate Coaches Conference: March 6-7
2014 Annual Graduate Coaches Conference
RESILIENCE: Coaching Leaders Through Challenging Times
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
March 6-7, 2014
Greetings Alumni Community! We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 2014 Annual Graduate Coaches Conference, RESILIENCE: Coaching Leaders Through Challenging Times. Join us for two days of community reunion, inspiring conversation, innovative ideas, and experiential workshops to support your continued growth as a leadership coach. All two day attendees will receive a letter providing 7.5 CEU credits for participation in the conference.
Conveniently located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the conference will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, across the street from the new home of the Leadership Coaching program at the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies downtown campus. If travel plans need to be made – Reagan National Airport and Washington D.C.'s Union Station are the closest transit stops.
The conference registration fee is $375.00.
HOTEL & LODGING
The Hampton Inn Washington-Downtown-Convention Center is our preferred hotel for all attendees, and will be the location of our connection breakfasts, yoga, and after-party. It is ideally located two blocks from the Convention Center and across the street from the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies. To take advantage of our exclusive room rate of $199.00/night, please make a reservation no later than February 28, 2014. Please contact us if you are not able to book a room at this rate and we will work with the hotel to expand our room block if possible. A full hot breakfast and WiFi are included in the room rate. You can make a reservation as follows by using our three-letter group code: GEO.
- Call the Hampton Inn directly at 202-842-2500 or Central Reservations at 1-800-HAMPTON and ask for ‘Reservations’ and inform them you are making a group reservation. Quote the three letter group code GEO.
- Click here to reserve online. Enter the date of your stay and under ‘Special Rate Codes’, enter the three letter code GEO under ‘Group Code’ (left hand side of screen) to make a reservation.
Please click here for full conference agenda! Post-conference festivities are being planned for Friday evening and will be announced at a later date.
|Click on the Register Now button to go to the conference registration page. Registration is available online or by fax. If you have registration questions or issues, please call (202) 687-8700 (option 5) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Dr. Stuart Brown
Author, Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul
Founder, National Institute for Play
THEMES AND TOPICS
Our theme for this year is RESILIENCE: Coaching Leaders Through Challenging Times. We will organize our content and conversations around four aspects of resilience: Personal, Professional, Client and Global.
PERSONAL RESILIENCE - topics to support your individual health and well-being may include:
- Body - exploration of somatics, yoga, or other physical practices that make for resilient bodies
- Mind - the latest in neuroscience, other research, practices and activities that make for resilient minds
- Spiritual - interactive experiences of creativity, play, spiritual practices and similar activities that nourish the spirit
PROFESSIONAL RESILIENCE - topics to build resilient businesses/coaching practices may include:
- Entrepreneurship - strategies, best practices, tools for those who want to start or grow a coaching practice
- In-house coaches - strategies, best practices, tools for in-house coaches and for those who have coaching practices within an organization
CLIENT RESILIENCE - topics that support our clients in becoming more resilient leaders may include:
- Leading through change - initiating change, responding to change
- Leading in diverse organizations (multicultural, global, multi-generational, LGBT, virtual)
- Recovering from failure
- Leading through disaster/tragedy
GLOBAL RESILIENCE - topics to support leaders and coaches operating in the global environment may include:
- Leading/coaching a remote/geographically dispersed workforce
- Leading/coaching multiple cultures/across cultures
- Leading/coaching global teams