This course introduces the financial planning profession, the concepts of the time value of money, insurance planning, and the practice of personal financial planning by professional planners. A financial calculator, such as a Hewlett Packard 12C, is required for this course.
This course is available for continuing education insurance credits:
- District of Columbia – 16 CE insurance credits
- Maryland – 16 CE insurance credits
- Virginia – 39 CE insurance credits
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Gain a firm grasp of financial planning concepts.
- Obtain an introduction to the financial planning profession and the practice of personal financial planning for individuals, families, and small businesses by professional planners.
- Understand time value of money concepts and the calculations to support them.
- Learn about insurance planning and risk management and gain a working knowledge of risk management/ insurance techniques.
Minimum Grade Policy
Students must receive a grade of "C" or better to pass this course. Please review our program policies here.
This course is an open enrollment course. No application is required and registration is available by clicking "Add to Cart" below.
Current students must register with their Georgetown NetID and password. New students must first create an account and password through the Student Portal prior to registration. After your account is created, you will receive your Georgetown NetID via email. When you have your Georgetown NetID and password, continue registration by clicking "Add to Cart", logging in, and following the steps to complete checkout. Course registration is complete when payment is processed and you receive a confirmation email.
Georgetown NetID Password Reset
If you have forgotten or do not have your Georgetown University NetID password, please contact the University Information Systems (UIS) 24/7 IT Helpdesk to have your password reset.
For more information or to speak with a program advisor, please complete the Request More Information Form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (202) 687-8700.