Faculty Highlights & Achievements
The School of Continuing Studies’ annual Tropaia Ceremony, which began in 2009, celebrates the outstanding contributions and achievements of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Each of Georgetown University’s schools holds an annual Tropaia exercise to honor outstanding members of our community.
2014-2015 Outstanding Faculty Awards
The Outstanding Faculty Award honors faculty who advance the mission of the School and University through active engagement of students in teaching and learning, a commitment to their industry or field of study, and contributions to the Georgetown and Washington, D.C. communities.
- Liberal Studies, Undergraduate – Mark M. Gray, Ph.D. (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Liberal Studies, Graduate – Rory F. Quirk, J.D. (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Human Resources Management, Graduate – Eric Olesen (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Journalism, Graduate – Brian Healy (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Public Relations & Corporate Communications, Graduate – Barbara Coons (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Sports Industry Management, Graduate – Joe Briggs (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Real Estate, Graduate – Scott Price (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Technology Management, Graduate – Lisa Schlosser (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Emergency & Disaster Management, Graduate – Stephen Johnson (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Urban and Regional Planning, Graduate – Joshua Murphy (Outstanding Faculty Award)
- Center for Continuing & Professional Education – Kelly O'Connor (Outstanding Faculty Award)
2014-2015 Dean's Service Awards
The Dean’s Service Award, given by the Dean, honors students, faculty or staff who make outstanding contributions to the School, University, and/or Washington, D.C. community. Award recipients demonstrate exceptional vision, leadership and integrity with a commitment to Georgetown’s heritage and values.
- Marketing Manager, SCS – Leila Sidawy (Dean's Service Award)
- Program Manager, Liberal Studies, Undergraduate – Robert F. Sullivan III (Dean's Service Award)
- Head Librarian, SCS – Jessica Vanderhoff (Dean's Service Award)
- Assistant Dean, Office of Academic Affairs and Compliance, SCS – Crystal Watkins (Dean's Service Award)
To view faculty publications, click here.
For past awards and achievements, click here.