Fundamentals of Business: Leadership in a Global Economy
Session II: July 5 - August 8, 2015
8:30a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday
You will be introduced to business leadership, which provides an exceptional foundation for college and a future career in business. As a participant in this course, you will gain valuable exposure to important business topics and methods of analysis as you learn from Georgetown professors and leading experts in the field. Combining investment challenges and group presentations with dynamic faculty lectures and case studies, Fundamentals of Business helps students develop practical skills and critical thinking abilities that will benefit them in their future academic and professional lives. The course ends with a business simulation that takes students through the process of starting a company and being an entrepreneur.
Core Topics Covered*
- Business law
- Business Planning
- Study with professors from the Georgetown McDonough School of Business
- Engage in discussion with Washington-area business experts
- Participate in an engaging, hands-on business simulation
- With classmates, become an entrepreneur and work together to run a start-up company
- Invest in hard assets and manufacturing
- Conduct advertising and financial management practices
Students who are interested in Business may also be interested in a second course or program such as:
Fundamentals of American Government
Fundamentals of Economics
Fundamentals of Law: The American Legal System
Sports Industry Management Institute
* Core topics and hands-on experience are subject to change.
Thomas Cooke, Academic Director
In addition to teaching undergraduate courses in Federal Income Taxation, Professor Cooke shared responsibility for the 2002-2011 Global Experience Vietnam programs. Over a 10 year time period, Prof. Cooke traveled along with second-year MBA students (working on business projects) in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi Vietnam.
At a Glance
- Session I - June 4 - July 7, 2017
- Session II - July 9 - August 11, 2017
- Tuition - $1,258* per credit
- Pre-college fee - $598
- Housing - $1,829* (per session optional)
- Meals - $275* / 19 meals per week (estimated and optional)
- 3 college credits each
Ready to Apply?
See the Next Steps for registration.