Paralegal Studies Program - Continuing Legal Education
Continuing Legal Education for Legal Professionals
In addition to the Evening and Summer Intensive programs, Georgetown Paralegal offers continuing education courses in emerging legal fields, including litigation technology and legal project management. The courses are designed to help legal professionals develop the knowledge and skills necessary to enter into or advance within the growing litigation support and legal technology fields.
There is growing demand for professionals with both a strong legal background and advanced technical skills. The e-discovery market is currently a $3 billion+ industry in the U.S. and is expected to rise to $9.9 billion by 2017. According to Litigation Support Today's Third Annual Salary Review, “despite continuing economic distress, the litigation support profession continues to grow.” In addition, The Cowen Group, a leading provider of staffing and recruiting for Litigation Support professionals, notes in its 2012 Seventh Annual Litigation Support Salary Survey that 30 percent of firms surveyed anticipate hiring litigation support analysts and 23 percent of firms surveyed expect to hire project managers in 2013.
Georgetown offers the following continuing legal education courses:
- Advanced Litigation & Trial Technology
- Legal Project Management
Continuing legal education courses are open enrollment and therefore do not require an application.
Continuing legal education courses are designed for:
- Lawyers seeking a better command of the skills and technologies applicable to e-discovery and litigation support
- Paralegals or other legal professionals seeking to strengthen or expand upon their existing competencies
A bachelor's degree is preferred but not required as a prerequisite for these courses. Additionally, Georgetown recommends that participants have at least one to two years of legal experience. A TOEFL examination for non-native speakers of English is not required, but students are expected to read, write, and comprehend English at the graduate level in order to fully participate in and get the most out of the courses.
Continuing legal education courses are open enrollment courses. No application is required. Please click on course links below to register online.
Tuition varies by course. Prospective students should visit the individual course pages for tuition rates and detailed course information. Georgetown Paralegal alums are eligible for a 20 percent tuition discount on Advanced Litigation & Trial Technology and Legal Project Management courses. In addition, members of NCAPA, IPMA, ALSP, ILTA, PANV, and Women in eDiscovery are eligible to receive a 10 percent tuition discount on Advanced Litigation & Trial Technology and Legal Project Management courses. Please contact Georgetown Paralegal at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about eligibility for tuition discounts on continuing legal education courses.
- Daniel Bender, Managing Director, Litigation Graphics & Business Development, Digital Evidence Group
- Amy Bowser-Rollins, Blogger, LitigationSupportGuru.com; Litigation Support, Robbins Russell
- David Carns, Vice President, eDiscovery Client Services, @Legal Discovery LLC
- Peggy Giancua, Manager, Practice Technology, Paul Hastings LLC
- Ramy Guirguis, Ph.D., PMP, President, RGTIC, LLC
- Conrad Jacoby, Senior Attorney, Winston & Strawn
- Jessica Robinson, Director of Practice Support, Morgan Lewis& Bockius LLP
- Rachel See, Lead Technology Counsel, National Labor Relations Board
- Da'Net Sturdifen, Attorney, District of Columbia Volunteer Lawyers Project
Continuing Legal Education Credits
- NFPA: Pending application.
- NALA: Pending application.
- VA State Bar: Pending application.
- Other State Bars: Georgetown Paralegal will provide attendees with a letter of course completion and any other necessary course documents needed for individuals to file for continuing legal education credits with their state bar associations.
For more information or to speak with a program advisor, please send an email to email@example.com or call (202) 687-7000. Interested students are also encouraged to RSVP for an upcoming information session.
Courses:Advanced Litigation and Trial Technology
Legal Project Management
|Course Name||Semester and Section|
|Advanced Litigation and Trial Technology||Enrollment closed|
|Legal Project Management||
Sat, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Jan 21, 2017 to Jan 28, 2017
640 Mass Ave. , C213
Sat, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Feb 04, 2017 to Feb 18, 2017
640 Mass Ave. , C213
Mon, 6:15 PM - 10:00 PM
Jan 23, 2017 to Mar 27, 2017
640 Mass Ave. , C118