Paralegal Studies Program - Continuing Legal Education
|Join us for an information session on Wed., Nov 12 at 6:00pm to learn more about continuing legal education for paralegals at Georgetown University, the only ABA-approved program in Washington, D.C. Meet faculty, students, and alumni. RSVP today >>|
Continuing Legal Education for Legal Professionals
In addition to our Evening and Summer Intensive programs, Georgetown Paralegal offers continuing education courses in emerging legal fields, including litigation technology and legal project management. The courses are designed to help legal professionals such as lawyers and paralegals gain the knowledge and skills necessary to enter or further expand into the growing litigation support and legal technology fields.
Demand for professionals with both a strong legal background and technical skills continues to grow.The e-discovery market is currently a $3 billion+ industry in the U.S. and is expected to rise to $9.9 billion by 2017. According to Litigation Support Today's 3rd Annual Salary Review, “despite continuing economic distress, the litigation support profession continues to grow.” In addition, The Cowen Group, a leading provider of staffing and recruiting for Litigation Support professionals, notes in its 2012 Seventh Annual Litigation Support Salary Survey that 30% of firms surveyed anticipate hiring litigation support analysts and 23% of firms surveyed expect to hire project managers in 2013.
Current continuing legal education courses offered are:
- Advanced Litigation & Trial Technology
- Legal Project Management
Continuing legal education courses are open enrollment so no application is required.
- Lawyers seeking a better command of the skills and technologies applicable to e-Discovery and litigation support
- Paralegals or other legal professionals seeking to upgrade or expand their existing competencies
A bachelor's degree is preferred but not required. We prefer participants have at least one to two years of legal experience. A TOEFL examination for non-native speakers of English is not required but students are expected to read, write and comprehend English at the graduate level to fully participate in and gain from our program.
Continuing legal education courses are open enrollment courses. No application is required. Please click on course links below to register online.
Tuition varies by course. Prospective students should click on the course links for tuition rates. Georgetown Paralegal alums are eligible for a 20% tuition discount on litigation technology and legal project management courses. In addition, members of NCAPA, IPMA, ALSP, ILTA, PANV, and Women in eDiscovery are eligible to receive a 10% tuition discount on litigation technology and legal project management courses. Please contact Georgetown Paralegal at email@example.com to find out about eligibility for tuition discounts on continuing legal education courses.
- Daniel Bender, Managing Director, Litigation Graphics & Business Development, Digital Evidence Group
- Amy Bowser-Rollins, Blogger, LitigationSupportGuru.com; Litigation Support, Robbins Russell
- David Carns, Vice President, eDiscovery Client Services, @Legal Discovery LLC
- Peggy Giancua, Manager, Practice Technology, Paul Hastings LLC
- Ramy Guirguis, Ph.D., PMP, President, RGTIC, LLC
- Conrad Jacoby, Senior Attorney, Winston & Strawn
- Jessica Robinson, Director of Practice Support, Morgan Lewis& Bockius LLP
- Rachel See, Lead Technology Counsel, National Labor Relations Board
- Da'Net Sturdifen, Attorney, District of Columbia Volunteer Lawyers Project
Continuing Legal Education Credits
- NFPA: Pending application.
- NALA: Pending application.
- VA State Bar: Pending application.
- Other State Bars: Georgetown Paralegal will provide attendees with a letter of course completion and any other necessary course documents needed for individuals to file for continuing legal education credits with their state bar associations.
For more information or to speak with a program advisor, please complete the Request More Information Form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (202) 687-7000. Interested students are also encouraged to RSVP for an upcoming information session.
Courses:Advanced Litigation and Trial Technology
Legal Project Management
|Course Name||Semester and Section|
|Advanced Litigation and Trial Technology|
|Legal Project Management|