Federal Academic Alliance
Georgetown University's School of Continuing Studies (SCS) has joined with the United States Office of Personnel Management to provide scholarships to eligible federal employees across the country.
Civil servants will be eligible for a 10% scholarship applied to the current tuition rate for all SCS degree programs and professional certificate programs each academic semester. Recipients remain eligible to receive the scholarship for the duration of their academic program as long as they remain employed by the federal government.
The scholarship applies for all Master of Professional Studies and Executive Master of Professional Studies programs; Graduate Certificate Programs; the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program, Master of Arts in Liberal Studies program, and Doctor of Liberal Studies program; and noncredit professional certificates.
Below is a list of degree and certificate programs available for the OPM federal employee scholarship:
Liberal Studies Degrees
Executive Master of Professional Studies Degree:
Master of Professional Studies Degrees:
- Applied Intelligence
- Cybersecurity Risk Management
- Design Management & Communications
- Emergency & Disaster Management—MPS
- Engineering Management
- Global Hospitality Leadership
- Higher Education Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Project Management
- Public Relations & Corporate Communications
- Real Estate
- Sports Industry Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Technology Management
- Urban & Regional Planning
Graduate Certificate Programs
Professional Certificate Programs
- See our comprehensive list of professional certificates
How do I receive the tuition discount?
If Applying to a Degree or Program or Applying/Registering for a Certificate Program:
- Follow these instructions to apply or register to your program of interest.
- Upon admission to your program of interest, please submit a Federal Leave and Earnings Statement certifying your employment.
- For Degree Programs and Graduate Certificates: Email your statement as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org before the Add/Drop deadline stated in the SCS 3-year Academic Calendar
- For Noncredit Certificate Programs: Email your statement as an attachment to email@example.com prior to registering for classes
- You must submit a new statement for each semester you are enrolled in the credit program in order to receive the discount
Note: Scholarships may not be used in conjunction with one another.
Where do I get information about financial aid?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) financial aid code for Georgetown University is 001445.
For additional ways to finance your education, visit scs.georgetown.edu/admissions/financial-aid/.
Are dependents or family members eligible for benefits under this agreement?
Dependents and family members do not qualify for tuition benefits under this agreement.
For questions regarding the OPM Federal Scholarship Alliance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.