Federal Academic Alliance
Georgetown University's School of Continuing Studies (SCS) has joined with the United States Office of Personnel Management to provide scholarships to eligible federal employees across the country.
Civil servants will be eligible for a 10% scholarship applied to the current tuition rate for all SCS degree programs and professional certificate programs each academic semester. Recipients remain eligible to receive the scholarship for the duration of their academic program as long as they remain employed by the federal government.
The scholarship applies for all Master of Professional Studies and Executive Master of Professional Studies programs; the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program, Master of Arts in Liberal Studies program, and Doctor of Liberal Studies program; and noncredit professional certificates.
Below is a list of degree and certificate programs available for the OPM federal employee scholarship:
Liberal Studies Degrees
Executive Master of Professional Studies Degrees:
- Emergency & Disaster Management—EMPS
- Global Strategic Communications
- Global Higher Education
- Program & Portfolio Management
Master of Professional Studies Degrees:
- Applied Intelligence
- Design Management & Communications
- Emergency & Disaster Management—MPS
- Global Hospitality Leadership
- Higher Education Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Project Management
- Public Relations & Corporate Communications
- Real Estate
- Sports Industry Management
- Systems Engineering Management
- Technology Management
- Urban & Regional Planning
Professional Certificate Programs
For a comprehensive list of certificate programs, click here.
How do I receive the tuition discount?
If Applying to a Degree or Program or Applying/Registering for a Certificate Program:
- Follow these instructions to apply or register to your program of interest.
- Upon admission to your program of interest, please submit a Federal Leave and Earnings Statement certifying your employment. This statement must be attached in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All supporting documentation must be received by the Add/Drop deadline stated in the SCS 3-year Academic Calendar. Scholarships may not be used in conjunction with one another.
- For certificate programs, a member of our enrollment team will contact you with further instructions
- You must submit a new statement for each semester you are enrolled in the credit program in order to receive the discount
Where do I get information about financial aid?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) financial aid code for Georgetown University is 001445.
For additional ways to finance your education, visit scs.georgetown.edu/admissions/financial-aid/.
Are dependents or family members eligible for benefits under this agreement?
Dependents and family members do not qualify for tuition benefits under this agreement.
For questions regarding the OPM Federal Scholarship Alliance, please email email@example.com.