To earn an MPS in Global Hospitality Leadership, you must successfully complete 11 courses (33 credits total), including:
- 2 core courses (6 credits total):
- Ethics and Leadership in Hospitality
- 5 foundation courses (15 credits total):
- Foundations of the Hospitality Business
- Managerial Accounting and Finance: Analysis and Decision-Making for Hospitality Operations
- Sales & Marketing and Communications
- Strategy and Design Thinking in the Hospitality Context
- Global Studies in Hospitality: Intensive Learning Experience
- 4 elective courses (12 credits total):
- For a current list of electives, visit the Course Schedule.
You’ll have the flexibility to earn your degree at a pace that suits your schedule—you can take up to 9 credits per semester and have up to five years to complete the degree.
- Full-time students typically take three courses during the fall and spring semesters, and two courses during the summer semester.
- Part-time students typically take one to two courses during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
The Global Hospitality Leadership program offers two focus areas that enable you to tailor your studies and sharpen your expertise in a particular area of study:
- Strategic Brand & Experience: This focus area emphasizes the importance of brand affinity and loyalty, examining how to measure and analyze audiences, envision core values and missions that speak to those audiences, and create brands and experiences at both the corporate and customer levels that inspire guests and generate loyalty.
- Finance & Development: Capitalizing on the multitude of real estate investment trusts (REITs) and other countless hospitality ownership groups in the D.C. region, this financial- and business-intensive specialty examines the strategies and complexities behind the Owner-Operator business equation—critical for any leadership role in the industry.