As a student in the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program, you’ll join motivated learners seeking to advance their understanding of the world and develop the tools they need to reach their life goals.
Whether you have previous college experience or are starting your bachelor’s for the first time, you’ll join students from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions. Some have been out of school for decades, while others were more recently enrolled. Whatever reason students had to put their education aside, they come to Georgetown’s program ready to complete their educational journey. The diversity of our student body contributes to an enriching and engaging classroom experience, in which you’ll have the opportunity to learn with—and from—your peers.
You’ll study alongside dedicated, hard-working students who share a desire for a well-rounded education—one based in the traditions of some of the world’s greatest philosophers and teachers from all corners of the globe and all points throughout history.
Job Titles of students in the program
- Digital Classroom and Broadcast Manager
- Police Sergeant
- Executive Assistant to the Judges for Juvenile Court
- Business Manager, National Indian Gaming Association
- Co-Founder/ Fundraising Director, The Fuller Center for Housing Bolivia
- Staff Officer, Department of Defense
- Project Administrator, Department of Transportation
- Office Manager, School of Health Sciences, Anne Arundel Community College
- Security Specialist, US Government (Department of Defense)
Industries/sectors/types of organizations where students are currently employed
- Nonprofit (philanthropy)
- Military/Police Force
- Government (DoD, Homeland Security, CIA, Transportation)
- Education Administration (higher ed)
- Finance/Business Administration
- Government Contracting (mostly Vets)
Average Age of Students in the Program: 33
I wanted a better understanding of the world that I had experienced in the military from a religious, philosophical, historical perspective, and I found that this program had everything that I was looking for.”
I wanted a better understanding of the world that I had experienced in the military from a religious, philosophical, historical perspective, and I found that this program had everything that I was looking for.”Joe Houser Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
Ranked as a Top 10 Military Friendly® School, Georgetown provides student veterans with the resources they need to transition back into both the classroom and the workforce. Our program proudly assists military veterans and active-duty service members in completing a valuable degree that positions them for career success. Through innovation and a commitment to serving students throughout their academic and professional careers, our program builds support systems and professional networks to prepare students to transition from military service and advance as leaders in society.