How to Apply
- Summer cohort application opens December 15
- Summer deadline April 30
Applicants should have at least eight years of senior leadership experience in government, private sector, or nonprofit organizations. Applicants should also be open to feedback, have a capacity for self-examination, and be willing to challenge their beliefs.
Please review the refund policies in our Student Handbook before completing your registration.
You must hold a bachelor's degree or the equivalent in order to enroll in our certificate programs. For each cohort, an application review committee offers admission to a diverse group of students to enrich the classroom experience.
Tips for the Online Application
- Our online application securely stores your information and saves your progress so you can update and complete your information at your convenience
- Click the “SAVE” button at each stage of the application process to ensure that your work and documents are uploaded
Tips for Your Letter of Recommendation (not required for all programs)
- Your recommender is notified when you submit your online application
- Notify your recommenders ahead of time and submit your application at least one week prior to the deadline to allow time for them to complete and submit your recommendation
- A personal email address for your recommender works best
- Government, military, and corporate email servers often have filters that delay or prevent messages from being delivered
International students who enter the U.S. on a valid visa are eligible to enroll in certificate courses. However, Georgetown University cannot sponsor student visas for noncredit professional certificate programs.
A TOEFL examination is not required for non-native speakers of English but students are expected to read, write, and comprehend English at the graduate level to fully participate in and gain from the program.
Students from most countries may register for our online certificate programs, however, due to international laws, residents of certain countries are prohibited from registering.