Professional English Studies
Improve your English proficiency for the workplace while developing the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the U.S. business world. Georgetown’s Certificate in Professional English Studies offers an introduction to the fields of business and policy administration while preparing you with valuable leadership and networking skills.
In addition to rigorous English language and communications courses, you’ll complete five courses in business administration. You’ll study the fundamentals of contemporary business theory and practice and develop an advanced level of English through case studies, business plan development, and networking events in the Washington, D.C. area.
The most valuable thing that I've gained from the program is confidence. With the confidence and positive energy that I got in the program, I have more opportunities in my life.”
The most valuable thing that I've gained from the program is confidence. With the confidence and positive energy that I got in the program, I have more opportunities in my life.”Raina, South Korea Certificate in Professional English Studies
Upon successful completion of the certificate, you'll be able to:
- Read and write standard business communications
- Navigate business meetings and conversations
- Analyze the management process
- Identify and make major marketing decisions
- Achieve business goals and objectives
- Write and present more effectively
- Interpret financial statements
- Compute key financial ratios