Some students choose to finance certificate programs with private education loans. Students are responsible for contacting lenders directly to find out if a noncredit professional certificate program is eligible for a loan. While Georgetown University will not recommend specific lenders, it will certify loans for eligible programs from approved lenders.
For eligible noncredit professional certificate programs, Georgetown University will certify loan amounts up to the full cost of tuition for the program. Tuition does not cover books, travel, or living expenses. Please see individual program pages for tuition rates.
Georgetown University has a unique campus code for Sallie Mae. Our Sallie Mae branch code is 001445-99.
You must be approved for a loan before registering for courses. Follow these steps to pursue a loan option:
- Check the list of lenders that have offered private education loans in the past to Georgetown University students.
- Contact the lender and confirm your program is eligible for a private education loan.
- Obtain the necessary paperwork and apply for the loan.
- Georgetown will certify loan amounts based on the information below. Please note that our branch code is 001445-99.
- If approved, register for courses:
- Payment sent to Georgetown: Select “Third-Party Payment” at the time of registration if the lender is sending funds directly to Georgetown.
- Enter the information about the lender and then contact Noncredit Student Accounts at email@example.com.
Note: It is your responsibility to contact Georgetown University Noncredit Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that your loan is processed.