To earn a Master’s in Engineering Management, you must successfully complete 11 courses (33 credits total), including the following:
- 2 core courses (6 credits total):
- Applied Ethics for Engineers
- 6 foundation courses (18 credits total):
- Fundamentals of Engineering Management
- Strategic Management in Engineering Organizations
- Accounting & Finance for Engineers
- Decision & Risk Analysis
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Design Thinking & Product Development
- 3 elective courses (9 credits total):
- Choose from a selection of electives, including Ethical Leadership, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, and Engineering Project & Program Management. For a full list of electives, visit the Course Details page.
You’ll have the flexibility to earn your degree at a pace that suits your schedule—you can take up to 9 credits per semester and have up to five years to complete the degree.
- Full-time students typically take three courses during the fall and spring semesters, and two courses during the summer semester.
- Part-time students typically take one to two courses during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
The program is offered in the on-campus format. Classes are held at the same times every week at our downtown D.C. campus.
STEM OPT Extension
This program is eligible for a 24-month Optional Practical Training extension for degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM OPT) for qualified F-1 visa students.
All programs offered by Georgetown University are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.