Curriculum & Schedule
To successfully complete the certificate you must take 7.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or a total of 72 contact hours. Courses are open enrollment and you may take courses and seminars in any order you wish. All 7.2 CEUs must be completed within a two-year period.
Of the 7.2 CEUs required, you must have 0.9 CEUs in each of the four tracks. Each course and seminar fulfill the requirements for at least one of the following four tracks:
- Data Engineering (0.9 CEUs required)
- Visual Analytics (0.9 CEUs required)
- Data Science and Machine Learning (0.9 CEUs required)
- Ethics and Leadership (0.9 CEUs required)
Each course is between 0.6 and 1.8 CEUs depending on the number of contact hours and seminars are all 0.3 CEUs.
This program is for data science practitioners and leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Have completed data science and machine learning coursework such as Georgetown’s Certificate in Data Science or college or graduate level coursework
- Are familiar with software programming in either Python or R
- Can bring a laptop with administrative privileges for courses and workshops