Certificate ProgramRequest Information
Certificate in International Migration Studies
The Certificate in International Migration Studies prepares you with expertise in global migration trends, national and local security conditions, and social issues driving contemporary immigration policy and enforcement. Led by distinguished faculty from the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service and the Georgetown University Law Center, our program examines the intricacies of international migration through a multidisciplinary lens.
You’ll study the economic, social, cultural, ethical, security, and policy ramifications of international movements of people while examining current trends and challenges. Upon completing the program, you’ll have a deep understanding of the complex dynamics behind international migration, as well as the advanced skills needed to develop improved policies and programs for future generations.
Upon successful completion of the certificate, you’ll be able to:
- Analyze how government laws and policies influence migration patterns
- Develop solutions to problems concerning unauthorized, legal, and forced migration
- Perform research to understand international migration challenges
- Apply critical information to create lasting policies and practices
- Recommend policy and practice changes based on trends in international migration