For Admitted Students
Congratulations on your offer of enrollment to the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies! On this page, you will find helpful information and links about what you need to know as a newly admitted student. Welcome!
1. Accept your offer of enrollment. In order to give yourself ample time to prepare for your first semester, including class registration and financial aid arrangements, please complete the enrollment form located within your admission letter as soon as possible. To view your admission decision and the enrollment form, log in to ApplyYourself, look under the "Decision Status" section and click on the link "Your application decision is now available online." In your decision letter is a link to respond to the enrollment form. There is no deposit required when you submit your intent to enroll.
2. Obtain your Georgetown University login credentials. To access your Net ID, University ID number (GUID) and temporary password, please login to ApplyYourself. Once logged in, click on the View Application button. You will see your application as well as a section on the left entitled "Post Submission Updates." Click on the "Post Submission Updates" link and your credentials will be available to view. You will need your Net ID to log in to systems such as MyAccess to review financial aid, register for classes, pay your bill, and more. Please follow the included instructions to set a permanent password.
3. Apply for Financial Aid. Students in the School of Continuing Studies are registered with Georgetown University's Financial Aid Office and may be eligible for federal tuition assistance. To determine eligibility for financial aid, students must complete the following:
A. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Students can complete this form any time after January 1 for the upcoming year. Georgetown's Federal Student Aid school code is 001445. Students who are admitted non-degree/provisionally to SCS are not eligible for federal financial aid.* They may be eligible for private loans.
B. Complete the SCS Supplemental Form for Financial Aid.
*Please Note: To be eligible for Federal Student Aid, students must be enrolled at least half-time (half-time enrollment varies by program). Not all SCS programs are eligible for Federal Student Aid.
4. Get your GOCard. All students must have a valid student identification GOCard (“Georgetown One Card”). GOCard is required at all times during operating hours to ensure a safe learning environment. Students will swipe their GOCard each time they enter the building. After accepting your offer of enrollment, you will receive further instructions from your Program Manager or Director on how to obtain your GOCard.
5. Ensure your immigration documentation is in order. If you are NOT a United States citizen or a permanent resident, please be sure to complete all required steps for your immigration documentation as quickly as possible. This information is not applicable to U.S. citizens.
6. Contact Your Admissions Advisor. If you have any questions about the steps or resources listed on this page please feel free to contact your Admissions Advisor for assistance.
7. Additional Resources:
New Downtown Campus - Georgetown SCS
MyAccess - Student information and registration
Office of Billing and Payment Services - University billing, invoices and payment plans
University Registrar - Class schedules, academic calendars and transcript requests
Office of Student Financial Services - Information and forms related to financial aid
SCS Student Handbooks - Office of Academic Affairs
Georgetown University Email and Calendar - Google Apps
Center for Continuing and Professional Education Contacts
- CCPE Email
- CCPE Phone
Summer Programs for High School Students Contacts
- Summer High School Email
- Summer High School Phone