Developing Leaders & Coaches
Founded in 2012, The Institute for Transformational Leadership (ITL) is an international center for inquiry, research and education about the nature and requirements of leadership in the 21st century.
Our mission is to develop and sustain worldwide communities of transformational leaders and leadership coaches dedicated to awakening, engaging and supporting the leadership required in the world today to create a more sustainable and compassionate future.
The Institute serves:
- Leaders in the public and private sector from the United States and around the world who seek to advance their capabilities as leaders in an increasingly complex and rapidly changing global environment;
- Leadership coaches and executive coaches who are committed to gaining mastery of the distinctions, skills and perspectives needed to bring deep, lasting and transformative value through their coaching; and
- Organizations and communities looking for practical strategies, experienced and innovative faculty, leading edge concepts, and proven methods to help them meet and transcend their challenges.
The Institute for Transformational Leadership is globally recognized for:
- Learning experiences designed for real world application and demonstrable outcomes.
- Multidisciplinary approach. Multidisciplinary certification programs that develop executive leaders and leadership coaches both as individuals and within an organizational systems context – combined perspectives that are critical for leadership growth.
- International community of accomplished students, faculty and alumni committed to lifelong learning.
- High trust, high gain classroom experiences. Engaging cohort-style class sessions and experiential Learning Circles, which provide unparalleled trust, feedback and support from peers and Learning Circle Advisors.
- Developing leaders who are in service to a higher purpose than their own advancement. In keeping with Georgetown University’s Jesuit values, ITL develops professionals to lead in ways that contribute to a better future for all.
- Research that advances knowledge about the nature and process of transformational change, leadership in the context of the 21st century, and the evolving field of coaching and the practice of coaching as a catalyst for individual and systemic change.