Master of Professional Studies in Public Relations & Corporate Communications
Paving the Path Forward in PR
In today’s fast-paced digital world, professional communicators must be equipped with of-the-moment skills and insights in order to cut through the crowded marketplace and inspire change.
A three-time winner of PRWeek’s “PR Education Program of the Year” Award, Georgetown University’s Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Public Relations & Corporate Communications (PRCC) is recognized as one of the premier communications programs in the world. Featuring an applied curriculum that emphasizes strategic thinking, real-time client engagements, and cross-platform storytelling, the PRCC program teaches students how to think strategically, digitally, and globally. Students learn from a faculty of industry pioneers and thought leaders as they master the strategic communications skills they need to distinguish themselves from their professional peers and achieve success.
Shaping Global Communications Leaders
Lauded by PRWeek judges as having “true innovation baked into its core,” the PRCC program is continually evolving its offerings to incorporate emerging industry trends, cutting-edge digital tools, and in-demand skills that push students to higher levels of thinking and enhance their learning experiences. Nearly all of the program’s classes integrate applied client work with local organizations, allowing students to expand their professional experiences as well as their portfolios—a combination that consistently makes Georgetown graduates the candidates of choice among leading PR industry employers.
PRCC students become communications experts and accelerate their careers by:
- Developing and applying multifaceted communications skills through an innovative and strategic curriculum.
- Integrating classroom learning with real-world experience through opportunities with PRCC’s global partner organizations. Students have worked with organizations from Lamborghini, Under Armour, and the NFL Player’s Association to the Humane Society of the United States, Ford’s Theatre, and The World Bank Group.
- Collaborating with communications experts, thought leaders, and peers to shape the future of the industry.
- Contributing to groundbreaking research through the program’s Center for Social Impact Communication.
- Examining the comprehensive realm of public relations through the lens of other communications disciplines to develop a 360-degree perspective of the modern-day communications industry.
PRCC graduates are more than leaders; they are forward-thinking innovators who are transforming the future of communications.