Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management
Technology Put to Business Use
The Georgetown University Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management program provides technology professionals with a unique educational experience – coupling business management skills with technology knowledge – to develop the next generation of well-rounded senior technologists who are equipped and ready to meet the challenges faced by today’s always-on companies and organizations.
Move your IT career forward by learning and developing proven techniques – including business as well as IT skills – to spearhead major technology initiatives and create cultures of innovation and engagement:
- Master critical-thinking skills needed to analyze key business issues and develop creative solutions to business and technology challenges.
- Maximize market, entrepreneurial, international expansion, customer service and revenue opportunities through technological innovations.
- Hone the leadership skills required to influence entire organizations.
- Manage organizational change in the context of technology deployments.
- Avoid costly security breaches, data losses and data outages.
- Create strategic advantages using emerging technologies such as Social Media, Big Data and Cloud Computing.
Climb the IT Career Ladder
Today’s organizations need skilled and innovative chief information officers (CIOs) and other strategic information technology (IT) executives who can not only develop and deploy mission-critical technologies, but also ensure that those enterprise technologies have a transformational impact on organizations, employees and customers.
The Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management program is geared to provide students with the tools and experiences needed to join the ranks of “big thinking” IT professionals who are leading customer-driven technological innovations that help organizations maximize their bottom lines.
“This program has given me the depth to carry C-level conversations. The hybrid business and technology course load is a perfect mix for those in upper management or those aspiring to be a manager.”
-Todd Cofer (’12)
- Practical Business Application. Get exposure to hands-on, business-proven strategies and experiences, including the business management skills you need in the context of executing successful technological innovations for companies and organizations.
- Flexibility. Pick your electives or follow a recommended concentration of study, including the new Health Information Technology track, one of the first programs in the nation devoted to the development of executive IT leaders in the health care industry. See program concentrations.
- Convenience. Classes are held during the week nights (Monday through Thursday) and, for those on an accelerated schedule, classes are offered on Friday evenings and Saturdays to minimize career interruptions.
- Choose your own pace. Take classes on an accelerated schedule and complete the program in just one year; or, mix and match with part-time weeknight classes and accelerated-schedule classes held on Fridays and Saturdays. Part-time students typically complete the program in two years.
- Cutting-edge. The MPS program’s curriculum is constantly updated to keep pace with emerging technologies, rapidly changing customer expectations and constantly evolving business needs.
- Well-connected. Faculty members and class leaders are at the forefront of innovation and action in the IT management field. Student and faculty networking can lead to career opportunities and advancement.
- Give back. The focus of the “Technology for Social Good” Capstone project is not only another great real-world experience that is part of the Technology Management program, it is an experience that enables you to join other technology students in giving back to the community, a founding Jesuit tradition at Georgetown University.
Learn more about the Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management program. Read the Message from the Dean.
“The in-depth theoretical approaches to technology management – combined with research, hands-on experiences and knowledge-sharing from professors and fellow students – continue to pay off outside the classroom.”
-Sergio Fabrizzio Flores (’14)
MPS Technology Management Information SessionFebruary 12, 2015 Georgetown SCS 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Details
TM Faculty on Federal Tech TalkRead More
Day in the Life of an MPS Technology Management StudentWatch Now