Accepted Visiting Students
Your Admission Letter
You will receive your admission decision via email to the email address you listed on your application to Georgetown Summer Sessions. Please read this email carefully as it asks you to confirm your enrollment at Georgetown Summer Sessions. If you do not confirm your enrollment, you will not have access to register for your courses.
Confirming Your Enrollment
In your official admission decision letter, click on the link that asks you to let us know that you will be attending Georgetown Summer Sessions. When you click on this link, you are letting us know that you plan to register and attend Georgetown Summer Sessions. Please note that this form will take 2-3 business days to process. Once it has been processed, you will have full access to register online with your NetID and password.
Your NetID and Password
One day after you receive your admission email, you will receive an email with your electronic credentials for accessing the online registration system, MyAccess. Your NetID, temporary password, and GUID are also stored in your ApplyYourself account under the "Post Submission Updates" section of your account. Be sure to follow the instructions to set a permanent password as your temporary password will expire.
Registering for Classes Online
One day after you receive your NetID and password information, you will receive a Welcome Packet via email. The Welcome Packet will contain the below registration instructions along with other important information. Be sure to read this information carefully and completely. Here are your quick steps for registering online:
- Register online using MyAccess.
- Under the Student Services tab, select “Registration.”
- Click “Select Term.”
- Using the drop-down box, select the current summer term and hit “Submit.”
- Enter the course reference number (CRN) into one of the boxes and hit Submit. Note: The CRN is the five-digit number next to the course title on the schedule of classes. You may enter multiple CRNs at once or you may enter them one at a time.
- If there is space available in the class or classes you have submitted, you will be registered. If there is no more space available or if there is any kind of restriction on the class that would prevent you from registering, you will receive an error message and will not be registered.
- If you do not know what class or classes you want to take, you may search from here by selecting “Search Classes.” This brings you to the online schedule of classes for review. Note: You will need to return to the registration page and enter the CRN to register for a class.
If you receive an error message when trying to login and register for classes, it is likely that your enrollment confirmation has not been processed yet. Please allow 2-3 business days for this process to be completed.
Once you have successfully registered, you may view your schedule, view your bill, and make payments via MyAccess.
Additional Registration Information for Visiting Students
Undergraduates enrolled at other institutions should, for their own benefit, obtain approval from their Dean to ensure that courses taken at Georgetown will fit into their program and that the credits will be transferable.
- A Late Registration fee will be assessed to anyone who initiates registration on or after the first day of class in a given session.
- Students registering after the tuition payment deadlines may be subject to additional fees.
See Synopsis of Important Dates for an overview of registration deadlines.
- Pre-Session May 22 to June 16, 2017
- Grad 6-week Session 1 May 22 to June 30, 2017
- Session I June 5 to July 7, 2017
- Cross Session (online) June 5 to July 28, 2017
- Grad 6-week Session 2 July 3 to August 11, 2017
- Session II July 10 to August 11, 2017
- Full Session May 22 to August 11, 2017
I am ready to apply
I am a visiting student and am ready to apply.
- Current Student or
Already Accepted? Or see the next steps for registration >