Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
Contemporary Skills for a Changing World
Featuring a curriculum of interdisciplinary courses, Georgetown University’s part-time Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies (BALS) program works with students’ schedules to provide them with the tools they need to achieve their goals and advance their careers. Students learn from world-renowned faculty, benefit from in-depth advising sessions with staff, and attend flexible classes offered on days, evenings, weekends, and online.
The program takes students on a challenging journey to explore the rich context of human history and expand their knowledge on topics both familiar and foreign. Throughout the duration of the program, students gain a broader, more diverse perspective on the world in all its complexity while strengthening their critical analysis, sharpening their writing skills, and developing insightful views of the past, present, and future—on a local, national, and international scale.
A Flexible Degree Completion Program
Students benefit from a number of distinctive features designed to enrich their learning experience and ease their transition back into the classroom:
- Seamless Transfers. Georgetown accepts up to 64 transfer credits from accredited institutions, allowing students to build from any previous collegiate experience.
- Interdisciplinary Curriculum. The BALS curriculum combines numerous programs of study to help students develop a comprehensive and transferable toolset.
- Distinguished Faculty. Scholars and industry experts bring their experience and expertise directly into the classroom to create an engaging learning environment.
- Personalized Advising. In-depth advising sessions assist students in not only earning their degree, but also reaching their personal and professional goals post-graduation.
- Small Classes. The program features small class sizes to ensure that students receive more personal attention from instructors.
- Flexible Schedules. Classes are held during the day, in the evenings, and on Saturdays, so students can earn their degree at a pace that suits their needs without interrupting their career.
- Lasting Connections. Students build meaningful industry connections and create a lifelong network through the classmates, faculty, and alumni they meet during the program.