Alumni Career Resources
The Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies is committed to providing alumni of degree programs with the resources needed for successful career management, including providing help with new job searches and other career transitions such as promotions, switching to new industries and, of course, networking.
Professional and Career Development
1. Special SCS alumni rate on select professional certificate programs and courses – To support you in your professional advancement, we are pleased to offer SCS alumni a special 10% tuition rate on select non-credit professional certificate programs and courses, such as viral marketing, leadership presence and project management, offered through SCS’s Center for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) and the Institute for Transformational Leadership.
To claim your SCS alumni rate:
Your status as an SCS alum entitles you to the 10% off rate on select programs and courses for life.
2. Alumni Career Services – Georgetown’s Alumni Career Services provides tools for job searches, events and webinars for professional development, networking opportunities and other special benefits.
- Professional development videos
- Georgetown Career Change Coaching Kit
- Resume and cover letter guidelines and formats
- Resume review for Alumni
3. Virtual résumé and cover letter review – Submit your résumé and cover letter(s) for review by expert career counselors. You will receive a private e-mail that provides constructive feedback and advice to help you on your way to landing the career you desire.
4. Other alumni benefits and resources – Georgetown Alumni Online provides a comprehensive list of alumni benefits and resources. Set-up your Alumni Online profile to gain access to these and other alumni benefits. NOTE: some services must be activated within six months of graduation in order to use them.
Alumni Career Network – The Georgetown University Office of Advancement hosts a number of forums designed to facilitate networking among Georgetown alumni working in a variety of industries. Whether you are looking to learn more about a certain industry, or you are preparing for a career transition, use the Alumni Directory and the Alumni Career Network to establish contact with fellow Georgetown graduates.