Industry & Career Outlook
In-Demand Careers in Applied Intelligence
The continuous advancement of technology has created a ripe opportunity for the field of applied intelligence. As functions such as business intelligence, predictive modeling, and data mining become more and more critical for organizations, employers are seeking professionals with a mastery of data skills—those who are able to not only interpret data, but also apply it in meaningful ways.
And this trend is far from fleeting. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for information security analysts is projected to grow 18 percent from 2014–2024, while employment for operations research analysts is projected to grow 30 percent over the same period—much faster than the average growth rate for all occupations.
The master’s in Applied Intelligence arms students with the increasingly sought-after skills and expertise they need to think strategically, derive meaningful insights from data, and inform organizational policies and action plans—all while meeting the needs of clients and stakeholders.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to pursue positions such as:
- Steganography (STEG) Analyst
- Cryptography Analyst
- Social Networking Link Analyst
- Support Operations Specialist (SOS)
- Biometrics Analyst
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Signals Intelligence Analyst
- Investigative Law Enforcement Analyst
- Operations Analyst
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst
- Technical Security Architect
- Business Analytics Specialist
- Intelligence Specialist
- Command Information Officer
- Interagency Coordination Officer
- Manager of Intelligence Resiliency Programs