American Conversational English
Spend a summer living and learning in the heart of Washington, D.C., and engaging with classmates from more than 30 countries. Our three-week American Conversational English program provides you with expert instruction in grammar, conversation, and listening skills. The focus of the program is on using English in everyday life while learning about American culture and discussing various topics of interest to students. Morning classes develop listening and speaking skills with emphasis on vocabulary and grammar, while afternoon classes provide opportunities to listen to and talk about topics of interest in a relaxed, informal setting. Extracurricular activities and field trips help students practice their language skills in the exciting world of Washington, DC.
Once you’re accepted into the program, you’ll be evaluated to determine your specific instructional needs. We’ll then place you in classes with other students at the same proficiency level, ensuring that you receive the best learning experience to suit your needs.
The ACE program has helped me to not only improve my oral English skills but also get to know people from all around the world and different cultures. The activities in and out of class are amazing, and I really enjoyed kayaking and the Nationals game.”
The ACE program has helped me to not only improve my oral English skills but also get to know people from all around the world and different cultures. The activities in and out of class are amazing, and I really enjoyed kayaking and the Nationals game.”Barbara Pons Pardo, Spain American Conversational English
- Small class sizes
- Emphasis on communication skills through an introduction to American culture and orientation to Washington, D.C.
- Morning classes that develop listening and speaking skills
- Afternoon classes that focus on cross-cultural communication through field trips, class assignments, and individual projects
- Professors with expertise in linguistics and language instruction
- Cultural activities and extracurricular opportunitie