|Classes Are Held Monday–Friday|
|9:00-11:00||Written Communication in Business (Fall)
Professional Applications in Reading and Writing (Spring)
|11:00-12:00||Optional Guest Lecture Series|
|12:00-1:00||Pronunciation Workshop (optional)|
|1:00-3:00||Advanced Oral Communication Skills|
|3:00-4:00||Supervised Professional Field Experience|
Weekly Workshops & Events
- University Application Workshops: These consist of information sessions and individual counseling for students planning to apply to U.S. colleges and universities. Activities include identifying appropriate colleges, writing personal statements, and gathering and submitting required documents to complete the application process.
- Pronunciation Workshops: Practice in the sounds and rhythms of English.
- Coffee Hour: Students and faculty gather for conversation at this popular weekly event hosted by the EFL office.
- Conversational English partners
Access to D.C. cultural activities
- Special guest lecture series
- Sample Program Activities
- National monuments tours
- National museum visits
- Georgetown and D.C. sporting events (soccer, American football, basketball, baseball)
- Performing arts events (dance, theater, music)
- Kayaking, hiking, and other outdoor activities
Additional Course Options
Admitted PES participants who wish to enroll in short-term, evening and weekend business courses offered by Georgetown's School of Continuing Studies have many course options. Before enrolling in these courses, you should consult with PES faculty.