The human resources management function continues to evolve and change. Traditional HR knowledge and roles are no longer suitable for global businesses. This is putting pressure on enterprises to find professionals with core strategic business skills in addition to solid human capital management expertise.
The Human Resources Management program at the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies provides employers with assistance in two ways:
- Developing talent-rich students. We are proud to provide business and organizations with access to work-ready students and alumni. All of our students graduate with proven results from coursework and projects done in tandem with leading HR practitioners and the businesses they manage.
- Training and staff development: Training and skills development for your current staff of HR professionals is also available. Your company's professionals can take advantage of our standard educational programs or you can work with us to design a customized training program, including "on-your-campus" instructional options.
All instructional approaches – whether for students or your employees – are grounded in the practical, not the theoretical. It is problem-solving and results that drive your company. That's why, via problem-solving instruction, we emphasize:
- Learning from leading practitioners in the field.
- Optimizing the best in human resources practices.
- Offering the best-in-class learning environments.
- Ensuring, through flexible class schedules and coursework tied to actual workplace challenges, that students strike the right balance between educational and professional demands.
Employer Contact Information:
Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources Management
"The whole experience is a great exercise in understanding how to create and deliver HR strategies to top executives."
- Chris Ortiz (’11)