The majority of our professional certificates do not require an application. However, we do offer cohort-based programs which require an application prior to enrollment. For each cohort, an application review committee offers admission to a diverse group of students to enrich the classroom experience.
How to Apply: Cohort Programs
Our cohort programs are open to qualified candidates who hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants are responsible for uploading all required application materials by the posted deadline for their desired semester of entry. Application requirements typically include:
- The Online Application Form for the cohort program of your choice:
- Celebrity Cause Engagement
- Data Science
- Early Intervention
- Health & Wellness Coaching
- Leadership Coaching
- Multidisciplinary Business Studies
- Organizational Consulting & Change Leadership
- Polarities and Paradox
- Social Impact Storytelling
- Strategic Diversity & Inclusion Management
- Transformational Leadership
- Nonrefundable Application Fee
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
Students will be notified of their admission decision via e-mail within 2-4 weeks after the posted application deadline unless otherwise stated.
A TOEFL examination for non-native speakers of English is not required for non-credit certificate programs but students are expected to read, write and comprehend English at the graduate level to fully participate in and gain from the program.
Non-credit professional certificate programs are classified as part-time education programs. As a result, Georgetown University cannot sponsor international students for student visas (F-1) to enroll in certificate programs. However, prospective international students who enter the U.S. on a valid visa are eligible to enroll in courses.