Georgetown’s Certificate in Data Science prepares you with the technical and analytical skills required to collect, clean, model, and present data. As a student, you’ll use the Python programming language and industry standard tools to help create and present data analytics, predictive models, and visualizations. Throughout the program, you’ll also hone your communications skills and learn strategies for effective data presentation.
Led by academics and professionals within the data science community, our program incorporates hands-on coursework as well as group work focused on real-world data science projects. By the time you complete the program, you’ll have the well-rounded expertise that enables you to tell powerful stories with data and create an impact on organizational decisions.
- Ideal for: Mid-level professionals
- Duration: 8 courses over 6 months
8 courses over 6 months
- Tuition: $7,496
- Format: Flex Learning
- Schedule: Friday evenings & Saturdays
Friday evenings & Saturdays
- Semester of Entry: Fall, spring, summer
Semester of Entry
Fall, spring, summer
What is Flex Learning?
Flex Learning is our term for live, online instruction. Georgetown faculty deliver the same learning objectives as in-person courses, and we keep classes small to support interactive and engaged learning and collaboration.
Upon successful completion of the certificate, you’ll be able to:
- Apply the data science pipeline to analytical workflows
- Express effective programming practices for analytics
- Utilize and query relational and NoSQL databases
- Ingest and wrangle data for deeper insights
- Organize statistical hypothesis testing and analysis
- Create predictive models that learn from data
- Visualize data and models to communicate solutions
- Explain the ethical implications of data science
XBUS-490 Python Basics for Data Analysis is now a free optional course for all accepted and registered Data Science students.
Testimonials from current students and alumni.
The Data Science Certificate provided me with knowledge and confidence necessary to embrace the challenge of transitioning into a new role at my organization. Moreover, learning from faculty members who are industry professionals helped me gain invaluable insights and develop relationships which will inspire me for the rest of my professional career.”Yaroslava Gouk Data Science
The Data Science Certificate provided me with the skills, knowledge and real-life project experience needed to enter job interviews with confidence and secure a Data Scientist position shortly after completing the program.”Michael Chestnut Data Science
Georgetown is a proud partner of District Data Labs, a data science research institute, data product incubator, and open source collaborative founded by two of our faculty members.