Students and alumni of SCS degree programs are encouraged to take advantage of the wide variety of professional development and career resources that Georgetown University has to offer. There are also career services housed directly within the Professional Development & Certificate Division.
Graduate Career Center
The Graduate Career Center (GCC) offers career coaching, a virtual toolkit, materials review, and much more.
- Career Coaching to support graduate students seeking to clarify their career goals, discuss job search strategy, practice for an interview, or receive guidance on offer negotiation.
- Online career resources are available on the GCC website and through Handshake, an internship and job database available exclusively to Georgetown University students.
- Career Workshops for graduate students looking to accelerate their job search and enhance their career management skills.
Alumni Career Services Resources for Current Students
Alumni Career Services provides professional development and career resources to the Georgetown community, with unique platforms and opportunities designed for current students.
Hoya Gateway is designed to support current students in facilitating career-focused relationships with Georgetown alumni. Alumni become members of the Hoya Gateway program with the goal of providing career guidance and support to our current students. This unique platform is only available to current Georgetown students.
Professional Development Resources
Current students and alumni can take advantage of the wide variety of professional development resources that Alumni Career Services has to offer at all points along their educational path at Georgetown and beyond.
Alumni Career Services offers the following professional development opportunities*:
- Professional development videos
- Georgetown Career Change Coaching Kit
- Resume and cover letter guidelines and formats
*Some services are available only for alumni or for a fee. Please read carefully before accessing resources within Alumni Career Services.
Lisa Andrews, Ph.D., Certified Career Counselor, offers free, unlimited, lifetime one-on-one career coaching via Zoom to those pursuing eligible noncredit certificates or who have completed an eligible professional certificate program.
During one-on-one coaching sessions, Dr. Andrews is ready to discuss a variety of career-development topics such as resume and cover letter review, job search techniques, salary negotiation, LinkedIn optimization, interview preparation, and career goal clarification. Dr. Andrews also hosts career development workshops, panel discussions, and the Summer Hoya Job Club, which supports job seekers in a group setting.
Ways to Connect:
- If you are interested in scheduling an appointment with Dr. Andrews, complete the Calendly form.
- This service also includes access to Handshake, an internship and job database available exclusively to Georgetown University students. For access to Handshake, email Dr. Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each internship and job opportunity is verified by the Career Center, ensuring that listings are accurate and current.
- Join Dr. Andrews’ Slack channel #careerconnections to get career tips and job leads.