When will 2021 Commencement ceremonies and activities occur?

With the most careful consideration, we have decided on an approach that will enable us to provide moments of celebration among graduating students and adhere to public health measures.

Commencement will be held virtually this year with a two-part ceremony. The first part will be a University-wide degree conferral to be held at 12:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 23, 2021. The second part will be the School of Continuing Studies Virtual Recognition Ceremony at 1:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 23, 2021, which will include addresses to the graduating class and the reading of names.

In accordance with the latest state and local guidelines, we are also working closely with the University in order to develop limited, in-person opportunities on campus; these will be open to graduating students only. Plans are still in development and are contingent on public health conditions and review by the D.C. Government. More information will be provided in the coming weeks.

Visit the SCS Commencement website for more information