In keeping with the School of Continuing Studies' commitment to preserve a safe and academically focused environment, we ask that you observe the following visitor policy:
- Access to the SCS facility is granted for students, faculty, staff, and associates with valid Georgetown GoCards or currently enrolled noncredit students.
- Non-registered students, guests, and visitors are required to sign in at the security desk, present a valid government-issued photo ID, and provide a legitimate purpose for visiting the campus (e.g., pre-arranged visits with SCS admissions advisors, meetings with program administrators or faculty, registration for an event or open house, etc.)
- A Minor Registration Form must be completed for individuals under the age of 18 before entering the SCS facility. They must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or adult representative at all times.
- The conduct of a guest or visitor shall not interfere with the educational process or learning environment. Guests and visitors to the School are expected to abide by all operational regulations and guidelines, including safety and access restrictions. The School reserves the right to remove or restrict guests and visitors from its facilities who violate guidelines or who cause disruptions to programs, activities, services and/or classes, or for any other reason deemed necessary by the School.
- Presence in the classrooms is restricted to enrolled students and/or visitors with a legitimate academic purpose.
If you are a member of the Georgetown community and believe someone has received unauthorized access to the SCS facility, contact the security desk at (202) 784-7375 or the Georgetown University Police Department at (202) 687-4343.