For International Students
Georgetown has additional requirements for international applicants. If you are an international applicant who requires F-1 or J-1 visa support, you must submit the following application materials by the priority deadline to ensure necessary time for visa documents to be processed.
International Admissions Checklist:
- Application requirements found on the How to Apply page.
- Official transcripts: WES or ECE course-by-course evaluation for all institutions attended outside of the U.S.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores: TOEFL:100 (iBT), 600 (paper-based test), or 250 (computer-based test). IELTS: 7.0.
Please Note: If you meet any of the following criteria, you are not required to submit a TOEFL/IELTS score:
- You have a degree conferred from an institution where the language of instruction is English.
- Your native language is English.
- You receive a TOEFL/IELTS waiver from the English Language Center intensive English program*
*Is your TOEFL score below 100 or IELTS score below 7? We encourage you to enroll in the Georgetown ELC Intensive English program to improve your academic English skills if you do not have the required TOEFL or IELTS score. The number of semesters needed depends on a test of your language proficiency. Once you successfully complete the final level of the Intensive English program, you may submit your MPS application for review with a TOEFL/IELTS waiver from the ELC. Admission to MPS programs is not guaranteed.
If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact the Office of Admissions.