The Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies is home to an outstanding faculty of successful practitioners, renowned scholars, and dedicated educators. Our faculty members represent a balance of traditional research interests and applied professional experience. They share a true passion for educating students to become more reflective, active, purposeful citizens who strive to improve themselves and our shared world, embodying Georgetown's Catholic and Jesuit values and heritage.
Just as important as our faculty’s academic and professional qualifications is their dedication to our students’ success. Students are able to form close relationships with the faculty and collaborate on capstone and research projects with leading industry experts and entrepreneurs.
SCS Academic & Faculty Affairs
Academic & Faculty Affairs reinforces the relationship between the degree programs and the fundamental Jesuit values of Georgetown. The office ensures academic standards, and provides related services that maintain the academic and ethical integrity of teaching and learning at Georgetown. The Office of Faculty Affairs is responsible for all matters related to the life cycle of an SCS faculty member and supports:
- Faculty related programs, policies, procedures including collective bargaining.
- Policies on faculty retention, non-tenure line re-appointments and promotion and faculty grievances.
- Faculty Directors and faculty by providing services for evaluation, faculty handbooks and teaching guides, faculty orientation and professional development and events.
- Faculty management issues that escalate from the programs after a review of the issue by the Associate Dean and the Faculty Director.
- Academic policies that concern fundamental areas such as curriculum, content and methods of instruction, and the conditions of faculty life in terms of teaching, research, and service.
To reach a member of the Faculty Affairs team, please e-mail email@example.com.
The Georgetown University Faculty Handbook governs all instructors at the University -- regardless of rank, tenure or full or part-time status. We encourage faculty members to familiarize themselves with this important document in its entirety and pay careful attention to the Faculty Rights and Responsibilities sections.
In spring, 2015, the University and SEIU Local 500 entered into an agreement that covers part-time adjunct faculty members who meet certain criteria for membership and inclusion. In November 2017, union members ratified a new contract, which sets the terms of adjunct employment at Georgetown University through June 2020. To learn more about the agreement please visit the Provost's Office website.