Libraries & Resources
Georgetown University provides numerous resources to support student and faculty research and scholarship. Students and faculty have full access to Georgetown’s extensive library holdings, databases and academic resources to support research and scholarship.
As part of the University library system, the School of Continuing Studies operates and maintains a library at our 640 Massachusetts Avenue NW campus. The SCS Library is available as an academic and scholarly resource for all faculty members.
Georgetown’s main library is the Lauinger Library, which houses materials in the humanities, social sciences and business as well as U.S. federal government documents. Lauinger is also home to the Gelardin New Media Center and Special Collections Research Center.
Georgetown’s other Main Campus libraries provide academic resources, special collections, study areas and tools for research. These libraries maintain specialized legal, medical, scientific, bioethical and theological collections.
- GEORGE - the online catalog of holdings of Lauinger Library, Blommer Science Library, Dahlgren Memorial Library, Woodstock Theological Center Library, and the Bioethics Research Library.
- Articles, databases and research guides
- Catholic Research Resources Alliance (CRRA) - an online portal that provides enduring global access to Catholic research resources.
- Chesapeake Information and Research Library Alliance (CIRLA) - enhances education and research at member institutions through reciprocal borrowing privileges.
- Washington Resource Library Consortium (WRLC) - the online catalog of the Washington Research Library Consortium.
- Academic Resource Center
- Center for Multicultural Equity and Access (CMEA)
- Special Collections Research Center
- SCS Writing Lab
- Georgetown Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (GUROP)
- Graduate Student Research
- Institutional Review Board
- Center for News Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS)
- Library Research Help
- Office of the Provost - Faculty Affairs
- Office of Planning and Institutional Research
- Office of Regulatory Affairs