The Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies facility at 640 Massachusetts Avenue NW has select spaces available to rent for meetings and events by the public, subject to availability and approval by SCS’s leadership. Limited logistical support may be provided.
Please keep in mind the SCS facility is first and foremost an environment for teaching and learning, and SCS reserves the right to determine if an event is appropriate and consistent with the mission and values of Georgetown University. As such, space requests are thoroughly reviewed on an individual basis.
All students, staff, and visitors must adhere to the current COVID-19 policies and guidelines as set forth by the Georgetown Main Campus and must remain in compliance while on Georgetown premises. This may include but is not limited to testing, mask-wearing, a requirement for vaccinations, and other protocols deemed necessary by the University.
How Do I Request a Space?
If you are an SCS student group, contact your program staff for an events request form.
If you are a Georgetown University group or external client, email the SCS Scheduling Team with the following information:
- Organization/department name
- Several event date options, listed in order of priority
- Event overview and title (include event topic, number of attendees anticipated, as well as any other relevant details)
- Speaker names and biographical information (include links, if available)
- Do you anticipate any VIPs to attend?
- Do you foresee any threat concerns?
- Will there be a need for additional security?
- Type of space and capacity
- Catering and A/V needs (please note that catering and A/V coordination are the responsibility of the organization submitting the request)
What Spaces Are Available?
SCS auditorium (capacity: 125)
Classrooms (capacity: 15–60)
Open event space (capacity: please inquire)
View available spaces and rates »
What Support Is Available?
- Audio/Visual: All classrooms and most other spaces at 640 Massachusetts Ave. NW come equipped with standard audio/visual equipment (e.g., computer, projector, speakers, etc.); organizations requesting use of space are responsible for coordinating additional A/V needs.
- Catering: Organizations requesting use of space are responsible for purchasing and coordinating catering.
- Vendors: Select from a list of SCS-approved A/V equipment and catering vendors.