Dr. Barry A. Zulauf, a member of the Senior National Intelligence Service, is the Chief of the Solutions Division in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI).
He was appointed by the Director of National Intelligence as the Analytic Ombudsman for the Intelligence Community. He is the Executive Secretary of the National Intelligence Analysis Board. Previously, he was selected by Director of National Intelligence Clapper in 2012 for a three-year Rotational Assignment as the first ODNI Chair on the faculty of the National Intelligence University. He was the founding director of the Leadership and Management in the Intelligence Community Certificate Program and was elected Vice Chairman of the Faculty Senate for 2013-14. and Chairman for 2014-15.
Zulauf’s previous service includes creating DEA’s Intelligence Community Component in 2006. In this capacity, he served as Deputy Chief and Acting Chief of the 16th Member of the IC. Served in a number of positions of increasing responsibility in Naval Intelligence, both as a civilian and in uniform. Retired in 2013 after a 22 career as a reserve Naval Intelligence Officer, including a combat tour in Afghanistan.
- Ph.D. in International Relations, Indiana University 1988
- MA in Comparative Politics, Indiana University 1984
- Diploma for Joint Professional Military Education, Naval War College, 2013
- Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence 1994
- National Security Executive Leadership Program, School of Foreign Service, 2008
- Adjunct Professor of Intelligence Analysis, James Madison University
- Adjunct Professor of Intelligence Analysis, Mercyhurst University
- Adjunct Professor of Criminal Justice, Michigan State University
- Adjunct Professor of Intelligence, George Mason University