Dr. Jill Jermano served as a member of the Senior Executive Service in the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (OIA) at the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
During her service at Treasury from 2005-2020, she managed proliferation finance analysis and oversaw OIA’s analytic tradecraft program. From 2016-17, she was the Treasury Department Chair at the National War College, where she taught courses in the National Security Strategy curriculum. Prior to federal service, she was a senior researcher at the Homeland Security Institute and worked in the defense R&D industry as a manager and intelligence analyst, specializing in nonproliferation and arms control. She has published on economic statecraft and proliferation topics in PRISM, Strategic Review, Parameters, and JustSecurity.org.
- Ph.D., Political Science, The George Washington University, Washington, DC (2004)
- M.Phil., Political Science, The George Washington University, Washington, DC (1998)
- M.P.M., National Security Policy, University of Maryland School of Public Affairs, College Park, MD (1988)
- B.A., Political Science, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL (1986)
- Professorial Lecturer, Security Policy Studies, Elliott School of International Affairs, the George Washington University (2004-present)
- Seminar Facilitator, The National War College, National Defense University (2016-2017)
- Adjunct Professor, College of Strategic Intelligence, National Intelligence University (2016)