Dear SCS Students,
We are gearing up for a return to the 640 Massachusetts Avenue Building on Monday, August 16. We are looking forward to welcoming you all back with the utmost safety and health guidelines in place. With the COVID-19 vaccination requirement announced for all students, faculty, and staff, it is important that we take the necessary steps to ensure a seamless transition back.
Please take a moment to review the following:
- Upload Your Vaccination Documentation by Monday, August 1
Students who will be on campus this fall are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (14 days after final dose) and submit documentation showing that they have been fully vaccinated by Monday, August 1, 2021. Instructions for uploading your documentation can be found on the Georgetown UIS website.
- Apply for medical or religious exemption;
- Apply for a deadline extension by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and submitting attestation/proof of:
- Lack of access to FDA or WHO-authorized vaccine;
- First or second dose appointment scheduled;
- Some international students planning to get vaccinated upon arrival to campus may fall into this category.
For international students in degree programs with questions about their F1 visa status, please reach out to Anka Dadarlat, Assistant Dean for International Students and Scholars at email@example.com.
- Create and Sign Up for a One Medical Account AND provide consent to One Medical to receive your test results.
- Complete Arrival Testing Prior to Returning to Campus
All University community members, regardless of vaccination status, will need to take an arrival test prior to resuming work or study on campus. The test must be taken either 48 hours prior to or within 24 hours of resuming work or study on campus. For more details on testing requirements beginning August 2, please refer to the Testing Protocol resource page.
To meet this requirement, you may choose to do either of the following:
- Testing via One Medical: Once registered with One Medical, you will need to get tested either 48 hours prior to or within 24 hours of resuming work or study on campus.
- The SCS Building at 640 Massachusetts Ave NW will have walk-in testing on site on August 16, 17, and 19, from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET. Additional hours will be available during the weeks of August 23 and 30. We will share more specific information at a later date.
- Additional information regarding other on-campus testing locations or at a One Medical location can be found on the Testing Protocol resource page.
*Please note: If you use a One Medical testing site other than the Main Campus, SCS, or Law Center locations, your insurance will be billed for the test.
2. Testing via a third-party healthcare provider: If you test via a third-party healthcare provider, you will need to send your results to firstname.lastname@example.org in a timely manner consistent with the above requirements. Payment for third-party testing is your responsibility. More information can be found on the Off-Campus Testing resource page.
Masks are required when inside any University building, with the exception of faculty members while they are teaching in a private classroom or if one is in a private office with the door closed.
For more information, I encourage you to review the latest email from the Provost, as well as Georgetown’s COVID-19 microsite (especially the FAQ) in full detail.
Please note that our decisions continue to be informed by national and local public health guidelines and the current state of the pandemic. Our plans may need to be updated should the trajectory of the pandemic change. We will share additional updates as needed.
If you have additional questions about Georgetown University’s COVID-19 health and safety measures, please email email@example.com.
On behalf of Dean Otter, we deeply appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate our community’s safe return. We very much look forward to seeing our members gathered together again at the SCS building.
SCS Office of the Dean