For Military Students
The Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies is dedicated to making education more accessible for our nation's service members, veterans, and their families. We thank you for your service and are proud to support you as you work toward your academic and professional goals.
Aligning with our mission and history, Georgetown provides active duty service members, reservists, veterans, and military families with the resources they need to transition back into both the classroom and the workforce.
If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Tuition Benefits for Degree Students
We proudly offer tuition and fee benefits to eligible military students, including the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and Yellow Ribbon Program. The Post-9/11 GI Bill® with Yellow Ribbon Program will pay 100% of Georgetown SCS tuition for undergraduate and graduate students in degree programs.**
For a full list of eligible benefits, visit the Georgetown Veterans Office website.
Tuition Benefits for Certificate Students
Approved certificate programs are eligible for funding through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits (hybrid certificate programs are not eligible). For questions regarding our programs or the benefits process, please contact the Georgetown Certificates VA Certifying Official at (202) 784-7321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow these steps to use your VA education benefits for noncredit professional certificate programs:
- If appropriate, contact the VA to determine your eligibility.
- Create your Georgetown student profile. There is no cost to create your profile.
- Prior to registration, complete the VA Benefits Request Application Form and upload a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility using the upload widget below. Our office will not process your registration until your application is complete.
- After you are approved, register for your courses online. For payment:
Post-9/11 GI Bill® and Vocational Rehab.: Select "Veterans Benefits" as mode of payment at time of registration. No up-front payment is required.
Montgomery GI Bill: You must pay course balance prior to the start of each course by credit card. Select "Credit Card" or "Payment Plan" —do not select "Veterans Benefits" as method of payment at time of registration. You will receive monthly reimbursement from the VA depending on your eligibility.
- Your enrollments will be reported to the VA by the Certifying Official as soon as possible. It is your responsibility to report any changes in your enrollment (withdrawing or transferring) or status to the Certifying Official.
Military & Veteran Student Testimonials
- Veterans Benefits at a Glance
- Veteran Testimonials for the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
- For Wounded Vets, a New Start at Georgetown
**The Yellow Ribbon Program will cover 100% of Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) tuition for up to 45 undergraduate credits per year or up to 30 graduate credits per year. Certain fees are not covered. Eligible Certificate Programs and the Doctor of Liberal Studies (DLS) degree are covered by the GI Bill but not by the Yellow Ribbon Program.