How to Apply
Students are admitted on a rolling basis. Admissions decisions will be issued within 2-4 weeks of receipt of your complete application packet, which includes your letters of recommendation.
In order to ensure that there is a baseline of knowledge and experience of students in the cohort, applicants must meet at least one of following prerequisites:
- Completion of a degree or licensure in a related field (i.e. nursing, social work, psychology, counseling, nutrition, personal training/fitness)
- Completion of a related educational program and/or training program (i.e. patient navigation, leadership coaching)
- A minimum of one year of employment in a related field (i.e. home health care, social work, social services support, fitness, nutrition, allied health)
On a case-by-case basis, volunteer experience in a related field will also be considered as an alternative to the employment prerequisite. Applicants must also be open to feedback, capable of self-examination, and willing to challenge their own beliefs.
Please review the refund policies in our Student Handbook before completing your registration.
You must hold a bachelor's degree or the equivalent in order to enroll in our certificate programs. For each cohort, an application review committee offers admission to a diverse group of students to enrich the classroom experience.
Tips for the Online Application
- Our online application securely stores your information and saves your progress so you can update and complete your information at your convenience
- Click the “SAVE” button at each stage of the application process to ensure that your work and documents are uploaded
International students who enter the U.S. on a valid visa are eligible to enroll in certificate courses. However, Georgetown University cannot sponsor student visas for noncredit professional certificate programs.
A TOEFL examination is not required for non-native speakers of English but students are expected to read, write, and comprehend English at the graduate level to fully participate in and gain from the program.
Students from most countries may register for our online certificate programs, however, due to international laws, residents of certain countries are prohibited from registering.