In 2017 IBM predicted 2.7 million data and analytics job openings by 2020
The Quant Crunch, How the Demand For Data Science Skills is Disrupting the Job Market, 2017
- Apply the programming technologies involved in data analysis and visualization.
- Understand the strategic and operational value of using data.
- Leverage data analysis to improve the decision-making process.
- Identify data sources, create analytical data sets, and clearly communicate results of analyses.
- Perform statistical analyses to test the validity of data analysis and decisions.
- Integrate ethical considerations into the data analysis and decision-making processes.