Visiting Non-Degree Status

Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid

Students who take courses through the visiting non-degree status pay the same rate as the degree students enrolled in the course. For example, a visiting non-degree student enrolled in a graduate course through the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences will pay the standard Graduate School part-time credit rate. Similarly, a visiting non-degree student enrolled in a graduate course through the School of Continuing Studies would pay the standard SCS tuition. Please note, tuition is subject to change and may vary by course of study. For the most current tuition rates, please consult the Tuition and Fees page and select the appropriate School and level of study.


Visiting non-degree students will be assessed a one-time transcript fee of $25. This is the current amount, but it may increase in future years.

Financial Aid

Financial aid is not available for visiting non-degree students. Please check with your home institution regarding the possibility of a consortium agreement to transfer financial aid to your studies at Georgetown. If your home institution participates in a consortium agreement, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services to complete the visiting institution portion of the agreement.


You will be able to check your bill online through MyAccess. Once you are notified that you have been officially registered for a course, a bill will be generated. Unless you drop or withdraw in writing through the Registrar's Office by the official drop or withdrawal deadline, you will be responsible for the tuition charges for your course(s).


The School of Continuing Studies strictly adheres to the deadlines and policies of the University described under the Refunds and Tuition section of the Registrar's website. Refunds are given on a sliding scale based upon the date students drop or withdraw from courses. All refund requests are handled through the Office of Student Accounts. Additional "Refund Information" can be found on their website.