In today’s market, there is growing demand for communicators who can address the increasingly complex challenges organizations are facing. Our program equips you with the well-rounded expertise and leadership skills necessary to not only tackle these challenges, but also add value to any organization.
The hands-on nature of our curriculum provides ample opportunities to expand your network, refine your skills, and build your portfolio. By the time you graduate, you’ll have the contemporary tools you need to secure not only your next job, but also every job after.
The applied curriculum and real-world client work exposed me to what being an independent consultant could be like, and it gave me the confidence to go for it. I use the PRCC strategic planning model with all of my clients, and I think back to things taught in classes like Social Media, Media Relations, SEO, Cause Consulting, and even Ethics on a regular basis.”
The applied curriculum and real-world client work exposed me to what being an independent consultant could be like, and it gave me the confidence to go for it. I use the PRCC strategic planning model with all of my clients, and I think back to things taught in classes like Social Media, Media Relations, SEO, Cause Consulting, and even Ethics on a regular basis.”Jessica Rice Master's in Public Relations & Corporate Communications
Sources: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Burning Glass Labor/Insight
Alumni of the Georgetown Public Relations & Corporate Communications program have gone on to assume positions including:
- Account Supervisor, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Senior Digital Strategist, Weber Shandwick
- Communications Consultant, The World Bank
- Communications Specialist at Oakley Specialist Master, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Corporate Communications Manager, DaVita Kidney Care
- Global Corporate Communications Specialist, Hilton Worldwide
- Vice President, Edelman
- Vice President of Communications, Ecuador Mi Pais
- Executive Communications Lead, Lockheed Martin
- Social Media Manager, US Office of Personnel Management
- Director of Marketing and Communications, Ovarian Cancer National Alliance
- Press Representative, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Senior Account Executive, Social Innovation Practice, Waggener Edstrom
- Public Relations and Marketing Manager, White House Historical Association
- Director of Communications and Outreach, Education Finance Council
- Digital Strategist, OgilvyOne Worldwide
- Strategic Communications Consultant, Partnership for Food Safety Education
Resources & Tools
Center for Social Impact Communication
As a student, you’ll have the opportunity to work with Georgetown University’s Center for Social Impact Communication (CSIC), a research and action center dedicated to increasing social impact through the power of marketers, communicators, fundraisers, and journalists working together. CSIC provides industry and career resources such as applied research, graduate courses, community collaborations, and thought leadership.
To learn more about CSIC and opportunities to get involved, visit csic.georgetown.edu.