Anyone responsible for the financial success of an organization
Certificate in Managerial Finance
Georgetown’s Certificate in Managerial Finance introduces you to the fundamentals of finance as well as the tools and techniques for financial analysis and decision-making. Throughout your studies, you will focus on developing and implementing strategies to achieve business goals.
Ideal for working professionals, our program offers flexible courses available in online and on-campus formats. Visit the Curriculum & Schedule page to learn more.
By the end of the program, you’ll have a deeper understanding of key financial concepts and standards, including financial statement analysis, the discounted cash flow methodology, financing, and the net present value method.
Ideal for: Anyone responsible for the financial success of an organizationIdeal for
Duration: 6 months to 2 yearsDuration
6 months to 2 years
Format: On-campus, OnlineFormat
Enrollment: Online & On-campus - Friday evenings and SaturdayEnrollment
Online & On-campus - Friday evenings and Saturday
Semester of Entry: Fall, spring, summerSemester of Entry
Fall, spring, summer
There are many opportunities for professionals who understand and can apply financial management to the decision-making process. It is an integral part of successful business management.”
This section has testimonials from current students and alumni.
There are many opportunities for professionals who understand and can apply financial management to the decision-making process. It is an integral part of successful business management.”Jeffrey Warner, Director of Professional Certificate Programs Managerial Finance
Upon successful completion of the certificate, you’ll be able to:
- Describe fundamental principles of managerial finance
- Explain the global financial environment
- Use major financial datasets
- Interpret and construct financial statements
- Express standard financial calculations
- Define key concepts, such as the risk and return relationship and the net present value of money
- Distinguish techniques for cash management
- Develop financial models for analysis and forecasting
- Understand the challenges of successful financial management